We are temporarily located at 302 W. 8th Street, Michigan City, IN 46360
- Issue building permits and conduct inspections
- Issue “certificate of occupancy”
- Issue Addresses
- Driveway Permits unless on State Highways (INDOT)
- Road/Utility Borings
- Registration of Contractors (insured and bonded)
- Handle contractor and home owners’ complaints (unincorporated areas only).
REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR CONTRACTORS
- Click Sign Up in the upper right corner.
- Choose your registration type and start an application.
- Fill in all necessary information.
- Upload, email, or fax copies of your liability, worker’s comp/waiver, and $10,000.00 bond for La Porte County Unincorporated.
- Pay registration fee.
Is your building project disturbing an acre of land or more?
If so, please follow the link to contact the Stormwater Director about what you will need prior to obtaining a building permit.
- Dwelling (requires variance)
- Work Trailer
- Air Conditioner
- Wood-Burning Stove
- Hot Water
- Water Softener
- New Service
- Temporary Service
- Inground/Above Ground
- Hot Tub/Spa
- Residential Application
- Accessory Structure Application
- Commercial Application
- Cell Tower Application
- Sign Application
- Site Plan Layout
- Site Plan Directions
- New Residential Construction
- New Commercial Construction
- Home Owner Sign Off
- Permit Fees
- Electrical Services
- Electrical Inspections
- Pool Inspections
- Accessory Structures – Inspections
- 1 & 2 Family Checklist
- Certification of Occupancy for One and Two Family Residences
- Fine Violations
- Contractor Registration Instructions
- Contractor Registration Form
ELECTRICAL DIAGRAMS AND CODES
- 200 Amp Underground Meter REMC
- Direct Burial Ground
- Mobile Home Underground Service AEP
- Meter – Location NIPSCO
- Service – Temporary NIPSCO
- Service – Overhead NIPSCO
- Service – Underground NIPSCO
- Service – Manufactured Mobile Home NIPSCO
- Rural Farm Service NIPSCO
- Grounding NIPSCO
- Gas Meter Standards NIPSCO
- Click Here for Additional NIPSCO Standards