The Department of Human Resources will:
Be the Catalyst in the HR competencies, providing effective communications, leadership behaviors, total quality management and operating cost leadership with products and services tailored to the specific County unit needs for appropriate linkages with La Porte County Government Board of Commissioners and Council by:
- Exceeding our Employees and prospective employees’ expectations with timely, professional, innovative and personalized service through the use of modern technology, superior products and efficient, well trained staff
- Providing Employees with opportunities for Professional growth, training and development, along with creative rewards based on superior performance
- Enhancing the quality of life in our communities through involvement and leadership
- Providing and promoting proficiency and diversity in staffing needs for the County units with quality, not quantity
- Presenting a professional and positive impression to the communities of La Porte County, Indiana as the Human Resources Department of choice, ultimately leading to the County of choice
The Human Resources Department is responsible for managing the planning, development, implementation, promotion and administration of all personnel programs/activities for the entire human resources area, including recruitment/employment/staffing, training and development programs, career planning/development, benefits administration, employee services/relations, personnel records, strategic planning, equal employment opportunity programs/administration and policy and procedure matters.