Superior Court 3
Jeffrey L. Thorne,
La Porte, Indiana 46350
Phone (LP): 219-326-6808
Phone (MC): 219-874-5611
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday:
Office Hours 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Extended Office Hours until 5:30 PM
Office Hours 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Court Administrator: 2261
Bailiff: 2450 or 2448
Traffic: 2243 or 2447
Small Claims: 2086
SMALL CLAIMS FORMS
Please print ALL pages of the needed Small Claim Forms below, fill them out and return it to Superior 3 Clerks.
ABOUT THE COURT
The La Porte County Superior Court #3 handles civil claims and misdemeanor criminal cases.
The Honorable Jeffrey L. Thorne has presided over the La Porte Superior Court No. 3 since January 1, 2015. Prior to Judge Thorne’s election, the Honorable Jennifer L. Koethe presided over the court from 2009 to 2014. The Honorable Paul J. Baldoni presided over the Court from its inception in 1976 through 2008.
We are happy to announce that the LaPorte Superior Court No. 3 is now being live streamed for public hearings including Civil and Criminal call which can be viewed live for those who want to. The website to do that is: https://public.courts.in.gov/incs – Then select Superior Court 3.
- The Superior Court No. 3 Clerks Office may accept the following court filings. Current prices effective July 30, 2021.
- Small Claims – under $10,000.00 the cost is $97.00 plus $10.00 service fee per defendant plus $ 28.00 Sheriff service fee.
- Civil Plenary – $157.00 plus $10.00 service fee per defendant after the 1st plus $ 28.00 Sheriff service fee.
- Misdemeanor Criminals – $185.00 plus fine.
- OWI Criminal – $385.50 plus fine.
E-Filing is available subject to procedures which can be explained by contacting in.gov/judiciary.