Superior Court 3
Jeffrey L. Thorne,
Office hours are from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Extended Office hours on Wednesday until 5:30 PM
Office hours on Thursday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Court Administrator: 2261
Bailiff: 2450 or 2448
Traffic: 2243 or 2447
Small Claims: 2086
SMALL CLAIMS FORMS
ABOUT THE COURT
The La Porte County Superior Court #3 handles civil claims and misdemeanor criminal cases.
The Honorable Jeffrey L. Thorne has presided over the La Porte Superior Court No. 3 since January 1, 2015. Prior to Judge Thorne’s election, the Honorable Jennifer L. Koethe presided over the court from 2009 to 2014. The Honorable Paul J. Baldoni presided over the Court from its inception in 1976 through 2008.
- The Superior Court No. 3 Clerks Office may accept the following court filings. Current prices effective July 1, 2019.
- Small Claims – under $6000.00 the cost is $97.00 plus $10.00 service fee per defendant plus $ 28.00 Sheriff service fee.
- Civil Plenary – $157.00 plus $10.00 service fee per defendant after the 1st plus $ 28.00 Sheriff service fee.
- Misdemeanor Criminals – $185.00 plus fine.
- OWI Criminal – $385.50 plus fine.
E-Filing is available subject to procedures which can be explained by contacting in.gov/judiciary.
Get In Touch
Need to talk to someone? Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Let’s try to get you to the information you need