Residential Care Visitation Policy
JUVENILE SERVICES STAFF
Erika C. Stallworth,
Monday – Friday: 8AM-4PM
0364 South Zigler Road
La Porte, IN 46350
SECURE UNIT VISITING HOURS
All visits are at half hour intervals.
Sunday: 1PM-4PM & 7PM-8:30PM
RESIDENTIAL UNIT VISITING HOURS
All visits are at half hour intervals
Weekends/Holidays: 1PM- 3PM & 6PM-8PM
PHONE CALL TIMES
Monday – Friday: 7:30PM – 9:00PM
Weekdays: 7:00AM – 8:00AM, 3:00PM – 3:45PM, and 7:00PM – 8:00PM
Weekends: 10:00AM – 11:45AM, 3:00PM – 3:45PM, and 7:00PM – 8:00PM
Phone call privileges can be revoked by the Judge, Probation, Placing Agency or Juvenile Center Staff.
Residential Care is a temporary placement for status offenders and children in need of services who have been authorized by the juvenile court for placement at the JSC, Residential Unit. The Residential Unit is licensed by the Department of Child Services to care for children who are 6-17 years of age.
RESIDENTIAL CARE VISITATION POLICY
- All visitors must be approved by the Probation Department or Placing Agency.
- Visitors must provide picture identification.
- Visitors are to enter to the Center’s Main entrance, Secure all personal property in vehicle or lockers provided in the lobby, with the exception of a picture ID card. Cell phones are not allowed on the units.
- Visitations must be scheduled prior to arrival.
- Visits may be cancelled due to the resident’s behavior.
- Visitors are not to give anything, including money, directly to a resident.
- Anyone who has obviously been drinking or under the influence of drugs will be asked to leave and will not be allowed to visit. Proper behavior is expected during visits, or visits may be terminated.
- Before admittance into the building, all visitors will be subject to a security check to check for contraband and/or weapons.