LA PORTE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Sandra Deausy M.D., Health Officer Tony Mancuso, Administrator
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
From: Tony Mancuso, Administrator
Subject: COVID-19 Precautions – Limited Service Schedule
March 18, 2020
In a concentrated effort to continue essential services to the public by the Health Department the following
adjustments are being implemented to protect our staff and the public, and ensure the continued functioning of our office. As recommended, we are conducting county business by appointment, email, US mail and phone.
Essential services are limited to: Emergency issuance of birth and death certificates the processing of water test samples and the issuance of well & septic permits.
- Both locations of the Health Department will continue to provide certified birth and death certificates. We ask the public to first consider requesting their document needs via mail request. Once the request is received by our staff the request is processed within 24 hours. Online birth and death certificate orders may also be secured by visiting the VitalChek web site at vitalchek.com Please note, the spelling is “chek” not check.
- Our water lab will remain open limiting acceptance of test samples to Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Extended surveillance of dine-in restaurant and bar establishment closure compliance.
- Throughout this time period, the Health Department’s office staff will be in the office during regular working hours. Precautionary measures for entry into the Health Department are in place. Please contact a Health Department representative to make necessary arrangements for entry to the office to fulfill your essential service needs.
- We ask that you please utilize the government web site laportecounty.in.gov for continued information and updates.