Submissions will be reviewed twice a year and those chosen will be contacted after the 25th bi-annually.
Each end to the bi-annual submission period is in June and December.
By entering the contest, entrants understand and agree to the following:
- Photos submitted can be used by the county for website contest promotional purposes and/or other social media platforms or locations for public view.
- Photos must be appropriate for public usage on the county’s website. The county reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- La Porte County may select photos for highlight on its website or display in a publicly accessible contest archive. Such selections will be made at La Porte County’s sole discretion.
- Photos can be drawings or digital images.
- There can only be five (5) submissions per individual bi-annually.
- Submissions must be made by the 25th bi-annually. This contest will continue throughout the year. If your photo is not chosen the first round, we encourage entrants to try again the following round.
- There is no physical prize for the contest, only the opportunity to have artwork shown on the county’s website for public view.
- La Porte County will notify winners by the first week of the following month by email.
- The county will give credit to an entrant when a photo is used for any purpose.
- You must be the sole creator and copyright owner of the submitted photograph. A parent or guardian may submit on behalf of a minor.
- No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be deleted.
- If people are in the photo(s), permission must be given in order to include them in the photo (especially minors through their parents or guardians).
- All accepted photos may be used in various media formats for an unlimited amount of time and at no cost to La Porte County or photo contest sponsors. Contest entrants agree to all of the rules and regulations set for and by the decisions made by the judges whose decisions are final.
- Opinions expressed do not represent the official views of the La Porte County Government.