Indiana is a global logistics leader and offers a strong competitive advantage when it comes to reaching North American markets.
Known as the “Crossroads of America,”
Indiana is home to the second-largest FedEx hub in the world and provides access to 80% of the U.S. and Canadian populations within a one day drive making it second in the nation in the number of people accessible within one day. With 14 Interstates, Indiana ranks second in the nation for highway
- Indiana has the fourth-lowest cost of living in the country
- Indiana ranks first in the Midwest and sixth in the nation for “Best States for Business” (Chief Executive, May 2015)
- Indiana ranks 10th in the country and best in the Midwest in the State Business Tax Climate (2015 Tax Foundation)
- Indiana ranks 6th in infrastructure and global access and tied with Georgia and Texas for third, in Distribution/Supply Chain Hubs.
- Home to the second-largest rail switching yard in the nation (Elkhart Rail Yard)
- Indiana is home to 3 ports and ranks seventh in U.S. waterborne shipping and 15th in total foreign and domestic waterborne shipping